BRIEF HISTORY: The Indian Community in Tehran started a school under the name ‘Indian School’ in 1952 to cater to the educational needs of the Indian Community in Tehran. Later, when it got affiliated to Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi, it became ‘Indian Senior Secondary School’ and was managed by Bhai Ganga Singh, Singh Sabha Gurudwara Trust, Tehran.
After revolution in 1980, the Islamic Republic of Iran Promulgated a law that no private School can function in the country and only schools owned by foreign government or owned and supervised by the government of Iran were to be allowed to function. In order to keep the School functioning, the Embassy of India took over the charge of the School under its patronage and then it was called as “Indian Embassy School”. The Embassy of India approached the honorable commissioner, Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan, New Delhi to take over the charge of the School. Then KVS took over the charge of Indian Embassy School on 24th July 2004 and since then School started functioning as KENDRIYA VIDYALAYA (Embassy of India School) Tehran, on self-financing basis under the patronage of H.E. Ambassador of India to IR Iran.